Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day of Rest

Well now, I'm delighted to report I have passed a surprisingly pleasant day!! No shouting or screaming, no ill words, nothing upsetting at all. I'm still wondering am I dreaming or not such is this a rare occurance?!!

Mother has been fine all day, I decided once settling her in the garden with a rake and some new plants, to leave her to her own devices and bugger off to terrorise the residents of Howth and all road users along the way. Yes, I've got behind the wheel again...and what fun I had. I have to say, considering the fact I can barely remember the last time I drove, I only stalled the car a couple of times but had no problem on hill starts. I should also say that I had a rather attractive passenger riding along with me, just to make sure I wasn't going to run anyone over that barely resembled my ex or my mother. Sadly there were no tall blonde lanky feckers to rev my engine at or skirt their heels with a puff of disgruntled exhaust fumes! I arrived in Howth, parked up nicely and hopped out for a nice walk along the pier. To say I was glad to be out and about is a slight understatement, I think I was more excited than a Pyromaniac in a fireworks factory to be around real people that would smile pleasantly and say hello. The sun was shining, I had good company, no Mother to worry about AND it was only 2pm!!!!!

My friend and I strolled along in no particular hurry and no particular direction talking about this and that with the ease of people that knew each other years as opposed to the 3 times we have met!! Now, don't be getting excited, there's nothing in it at all and I shan't be moving from my status of Oil rig Widow to happy Dater. I'm far too set in my ways to give any poor bastard a chance and rather used to being single. More than anything else I just don't have the time, never mind actually go out and meet people!! Good Lord, that would almost suggest that I had some kind of Life!!!!
We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon, strolled around the market (all home produce-bloody fantastic) with him at every opportunity asking me did I want a loaf of bread? some jam? maybe some cheese? how about some nice lemon sole then? I thought that this was rather sweet! He does make me laugh and I find his company so easy to be in and I'm strangely more than comfortable being around him.

Anyway, the afternoon came to an end, I drove home and back to the Fires of Hell and the Wrath of Marie-She whom must be placated, to find her still in good form!!!! Damn, those meds MUST be good, maybe I should try some. LOL. The rest of the evening went without incident, made dinner, chatted for a while, watched some TV and then to bed! I know this won't last,, but the innocent in me hopes for a few more days like this. It's been nearly 2 weeks that she has been solidly in foul form and I've been so near breaking point that today was like manna from heaven! Well I'm away to bed as well me thinks, I'm going to go to the gym tomoro and have a nice swim and sauna and perv at all the hot lil tightbodied chew toys running round all hot and sweaty. LOL

2 comments:

  1. May all your days be at least as fabulous as this one, Lobster.
    Enjoy your swim and sauna, and ogle some chewtoys for me, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    Many thanks for the kind & encouraging words.
    Off to the gym now, although on a Monday I'm not sure what will be on show. Perhaps garden variety house Husbands or if I'm lucky a few Uni students with a penchant for stripping off their Tee's while pulling weights?

    ReplyDelete