Friday, April 24, 2009

Goldfish

I've been sitting here for an hour writing todays post and getting no-where 'cos it's so all over the place it resembles the spaghetti junction and is barely making sense to even me and I supposedly know what I'm talking about as its me!!!! So I shall leave what I've written until tomoro when perhaps (large perhaps) I shall be more focused.

Today tho I bought 2 goldfish!!! I had 3 last year, aptly named Breakfast, lunch and dinner and the poor bastards died. I never quite managed to find out why but I fear the vision of Badger learing in on them everyday had something to do with it!!! Anyway, I named these 2 Marie & Eugene. Marie after my mother....it sounds terrible but I'm sure that she will think it's rather cute and Eugene after my driving instructor whom was less than the full picnic today due to an all night poker game and a 3 hour drive back from Galway with no sleep only to teach poor feckers like me!!!

Badger was delighted with herself as soon as she saw me taking the fish tank down from the cupboard and proceeded to purr like a steam engine running on honey while winding herself around my legs. Now.......while I went to fill the tank and treat the water, Marie and Eugene sat in their little plastic bubble hapily waiting. This bubble, I have to say was sitting in a brown paper bag and they couldn't even see daylight yet. Do you think that Badger didn't realise that something (namely dinner) was in the room somewhere???? Not a chance!!! I came back in to find the poor lil things terrified and gasping for breath after Badger had tried to eat them though the Brown paperbag and the plastic bag, piercing it and therefore draining their life supply. Her face when I walked in...I swear it was the funniest thing....One paw caught in the plastic and the other hopping to try and get away, looking at me saying "Meow meow...MMeeeeowwww meeewwwwwww in other words..... "mummy I SWEAR I didn't touch them I just tripped and my paw caught".

I am happy to say that they are both ok and ensconced in their new watery home and Badger is watching them from my bed with one eye and the other on me to see if IM watching her watching them. LOL

Ahhhhhhhh, the simple things in life eh...they do make me smile :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment